Beautiful and attractive breasts are not just a matter of size. In today’s world of external appearances, sagging breasts can be a cause for much sadness. Many women are unhappy with the shape and position of their breasts. This dissatisfaction can cause some people to lose confidence. Having low self-esteem can be a source of discomfort. With a breast lift surgery, both the shape and contour of the breasts can be greatly improved.
What Is Breast Lift?
A breast lift, also known as Mastopexy. It raises the breasts by removing excess skin. It also tighten the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.
- New statistics show breast lifts have grown 70%since 2000, outpacing breast implants 2-to-1.
- Sometimes the areola expands over time, and a breast lift will reduce too.
Uplifted breasts also work on your posture, giving you a taller and more confident look.
- Perkier Breasts
- Enhanced Confidence
- More Clothing Options
- Improved Nipple Projection
- Reduced Under-Breast Irritation
Worldwide Ratio Of Breast Lift Procedure
Percentage of total procedures in Female for Breast Lift are 710,014 which is 100.0%Majority of the patients are between 30-45 including:
- Age 13-19 : 3%
- 20-29 :13 %
- 30-39 : 30 %
- 40 -54:39%
- 55 and over:16%
Breast Lift And Some Global Facts About It
- It is the 5th most common surgical procedure among women worldwide.
- Italy is the top most popular country for breast lift procedure.
- In 2000, a total of 52,836 breast lift procedures were performed by surgeons.
- In 2013, 90,006 breast lifts were performed.
- In 2018 total procedures were 109,638
- In 2019 total procedures were 113,188
- Number of procedures represent an increase of 70 percent between 2000 and 2013.
- According to statistics, women between the ages of 30-54 made up nearly 70 percent of the breast lift procedures
- Overall result rating was 9.2 out of 10.
- In addition, more than 104,000 women had breast lifts in 2014.
- Percentage of total procedures in female for Breast Lift are 710,014 which is 100.0%
- 92% breast lift procedures carried out in USA, 83% in Brazil, 66 % in India and 85 % in Thailand.
Breast Lift In Pakistan And Some Facts About It
- Breast lift procedure is very popular in Pakistan.
- The number of patients opting for breast lifts has risen almost 600 percent, in the past 16 years.
- 91 percent of patients reported improved self-esteem.
- Overall, patient satisfaction was 96 percent.
- Total 9.7% increase in breast surgeries.
- Present change 2018 VS 2014 which is 29.7% increase in demand.
- Percentage of total procedures are 100% carried out by women.
- Present change 2019 vs. 2018 which is 3% increase in demand
- Present change 2019 vs. 2000 which is 114% increase in demand.
Why it’s done
A woman’s breasts often change with time, losing the firmness & youthful shape. These changes can result from:
- Weight fluctuations
Who Is A Best Candidate For Breast Lift Surgery?
You will be a good candidate for breast lift surgery if:
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You are healthy and maintain a good weight
- You do not smoke
- Your breasts sag or have lost volume
- Your breasts have a flatter, pendulous or elongated shape
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
Breast Lift Costs May Include:
- Post-surgery garments
- Prescriptions for medication
- Anesthesia fees
- Surgeon’s fee
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Medical tests
What Should I Anticipate During A Consultation For Breast Lift Surgery?
During your consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Previous surgeries
- Your surgical goals
- Current medications
- The results of any mammograms or previous biopsies
Your surgeon may also:
- Examine your breasts and placement of your nipples and areolas
- Take photographs and discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of breast lift surgery
- Discuss the quantity of anesthesia will use during your breast lift
It’s natural to feel some anxiety. So don’t be shy and discuss your feelings with your surgeon.
What questions should I discuss with my plastic surgeon about breast lift surgery?
Ask these questions as a guide during your consultation:
- How much plastic surgery experience have you had?
- What surgical technique is recommended for me?
- What are complications associated with my breast lift procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- How can I expect my lifted breasts to look over time?
- Do you have hospital experience to perform this breast lift procedure? If so, which hospital?
- Is the surgical facility accredited by a nationally or state-recognized accrediting agency?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with breast lift?
- Do you have before-and-after photos and what results are reasonable for me?
What Are The Risks Of Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast lift risks include:
- Poor healing of incisions
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Anesthesia risks
- hematoma formation
- Breast asymmetry
- Partial loss of areola or nipple
- Cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Possibility of revisional surgery
- Fatty tissue in the skin may be die
The risks will be discussed prior to your consent.
How Should I Prepare For Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast lift surgery may be performed in an accredited office-based surgical center or a hospital.
While preparing for surgery, you may require to:
- Stop smoking
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Stop using aspirin and herbal supplements
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery
What Are The Steps Of A Breast Lift Surgery?
Your breast lift procedure can be achieved by a variety of incision patterns.
The best technique for you will be based on:
- The size and position of your areolas
- The degree of breast sagging
- Breast size and shape
- Elasticity and Skin quality and the amount of extra skin
Step 1 – Anesthesia
- The choices include general anesthesia and intravenous sedation.
- Your surgeon will suggest the best choice for you.
Step 2 – The incision
There are three common incision patterns:
- Around the areola
- Around the areola and vertically down to the crease of your breast
- Around the areola, vertically down and horizontally along the breast crease
Step 3 – Reshaping your breasts
After your doctor makes the incisions:
- The underlying breast tissue is lifted to refine firmness and breast contour.
- The areola and nipple are repositioned to a natural, more youthful height.
- Excess breast skin is removed
Step 4 – Closing the incisions
- Remaining skin is tightened.
- Your plastic surgeon will suggest the incisions which best suit your anatomy.
- Listen carefully to your doctor and do not drop your result by demanding an incision that will inappropriate for you.
Step 5 –Results
The results are immediately visible.
Breast lift surgery and pregnancy
- Changes that occur in the breasts during pregnancy can reverse and lessen the chances of improvement a breast lift provides.
- Breast surgery should be done and entertained after child bearing is completed.
- In addition, remarkable weight loss after breast surgery can negatively impact breast appearance.