Women can get breast implants to make their breasts bigger and fuller. That can be done for reconstructive purposes, such as after mastectomy for breast cancer, or for cosmetic reasons.
Saline and Silicone Breast Implants
There are two basic types of breast implants: saline and silicone gel.
Saline-filled implants are silicone shells filled with sterile salt water (saline). Some are pre-filled and others are filled during the implant operation.
Silicone gel-filled implants are silicone shells filled with a plastic gel (silicone). Although many women say that silicone gel implants feel more like real breasts than saline, they pose more of a risk if they leak.
Both saline and silicone come in different sizes and have either smooth or textured shells. Each has its own pros and cons, so it is a matter of preference.
How the Breast Implant Procedure Is Done
Because breasts can continue to develop until women reach their late teens or early 20s, JJ Aesthetics – Hair Transplant & Skin Clinic requires that women be at least 18 years old to get breast augmentation with saline-filled implants and at least 22 years old to receive silicone implants.
Before your breast implant procedure, you will meet with our surgeon for a medical evaluation. You can talk about what you want and get feedback from the doctor. The surgeon may ask you to stop taking certain medications a few days or weeks before your surgery.
The Breast implant Surgery has tremendous benefits for women with small breasts, some of these are listed below:
- It enhances the curves and contours of body by making breasts proportional to rest of the body
- It boosts your confidence and improved body figure
- The procedure increases clothing options for women
- After the surgery, the patient can go home on the same day with an elastic bra
- Most patients experience some pain and discomfort for 3 days and prescribed pain medications help control this situation effectively
- For the first 5 days, you will feel stiff and sore but you will be able to start light activities
- You need to minimize vigorous physical activities and exercise for at least 2 weeks after surgery
- The sutures or dressings are removed after about 7 days
- You will be able to return to work within a week or two. Initial recovery takes 4 to 6 weeks but complete recovery will take some time
The plastic surgeon will give you a list of post-surgical instructions that you will have to follow to make your recovery easier and comfortable. Some common tips for post-operative care include:
- Wear surgical bra to keep your breasts in shape and reduce swelling
- Avoid pressure on your breasts
- Sleep on your back for at least 2 weeks after surgery
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and vigorous tasks/exercise
- Use the prescribed medications regularly
- Avoid shower for recommended period of time
A lot of patients have found it to be a very effective surgery, as it has not only improved the overall appearance of their breasts but has enhanced their self-confidence considerably.
If you are interested in Breast Implants Surgery in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, then look no further than JJ Aesthetics – Hair Transplant & Skin Clinic. We are an advanced clinic with board certified dermatologists.