Saline and Silicone Breast Implants
There are two basic types of breast implants: saline and silicone gel.
Saline-filled implants are silicone shells filled with sterile salt water (saline). Some are pre-filled and others are filled during the implant operation.
Silicone gel-filled implants are silicone shells filled with a plastic gel (silicone). Although many women say that silicone gel implants feel more like real breasts than saline, they pose more of a risk if they leak.
Both saline and silicone come in different sizes and have either smooth or textured shells. Each has its own pros and cons, so it is a matter of preference.
How the Breast Implant Procedure Is Done
Because breasts can continue to develop until women reach their late teens or early 20s, JJ Aesthetics – Hair Transplant & Skin Clinic requires that women be at least 18 years old to get breast augmentation with saline-filled implants and at least 22 years old to receive silicone implants.
Before your breast implant procedure, you will meet with our surgeon for a medical evaluation. You can talk about what you want and get feedback from the doctor. The surgeon may ask you to stop taking certain medications a few days or weeks before your surgery.
The Breast implant Surgery has tremendous benefits for women with small breasts, some of these are listed below:
- It enhances the curves and contours of body by making breasts proportional to rest of the body
- It boosts your confidence and improved body figure
- The procedure increases clothing options for women
- After the surgery, the patient can go home on the same day with an elastic bra
- Most patients experience some pain and discomfort for 3 days and prescribed pain medications help control this situation effectively
- For the first 5 days, you will feel stiff and sore but you will be able to start light activities
- You need to minimize vigorous physical activities and exercise for at least 2 weeks after surgery
- The sutures or dressings are removed after about 7 days
- You will be able to return to work within a week or two. Initial recovery takes 4 to 6 weeks but complete recovery will take some time
The plastic surgeon will give you a list of post-surgical instructions that you will have to follow to make your recovery easier and comfortable. Some common tips for post-operative care include:
- Wear surgical bra to keep your breasts in shape and reduce swelling
- Avoid pressure on your breasts
- Sleep on your back for at least 2 weeks after surgery
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and vigorous tasks/exercise
- Use the prescribed medications regularly
- Avoid shower for recommended period of time
A lot of patients have found it to be a very effective surgery, as it has not only improved the overall appearance of their breasts but has enhanced their self-confidence considerably.
If you are interested in Breast Implants Surgery in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, then look no further than JJ Aesthetics – Hair Transplant & Skin Clinic. We are an advanced clinic with board certified dermatologists.